The Japan Chapter of the Association for Information Systems (NAIS) will hold a lecture on Monday, December 15.
We are looking for a wide range of participants, so please come and join us.
NAIS Special Lecture
- Monday, December 15, 2008
- The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics, Kyoto Station Satellite Hall
- 7 min. walk west from Hachijo Exit of JR "Kyoto" Station.
- Department of Information and Communication, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Nanzan University
- Hiroyuki Kono, Professor
- "A Data Warehouse and Its Use Related to Traffic Accidents on the Hanshin Expressway."
- The difficulty of forecasting based on data measurement and analysis is evident, for example, when considering the provision of information on arrival time forecasts to destinations in road use.
To improve prediction accuracy, more data must be measured, integrated, and accumulated.In fact, a traffic data warehouse is being developed at the Hanshin Expressway that includes traffic accident-related data in addition to conventional traffic data.The presentation will discuss typical data mining processes, such as data cleaning and data transformation for data warehousing, and the generation of predictive models for fault duration that affect control operations.In addition, data mining tools used for data analysis will be introduced.
- ＜Inquiries and applications
- There is no charge for participation.If you wish to attend, please register by Friday, December 12.
- Kyoto University of Information Science and Technology (Attn: Ikeda)
- Please write "I wish to attend the NAIS Lecture" in the subject line and provide your name, contact information, and the number of people in your party.
- URL : http://nais.kcg.jp/