- Nagoya Institute of Technology (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Kyoto University, Graduate School of Engineering, Department of Applied Mathematics and Physics, Master of Engineering; (USA) Vanderbilt University , Graduate School of Economics, Master of Arts; Kyoto University, Graduate School of Economics, Ph.D.
- 1 Toyo Aluminium Co., Ltd. Japan, April 1979-February 1980; 2 Kyoto Computer Gakuin, Teaching mathematics, operations research, computer algorithm and statistics on part time basis, April 1980-June 1984 and April 1990-June 1993; 3 Tokushima University, Faculty of Integraated Arts and Sciences, Associate Professor, July 1993-March 2000 4 Tokushima University, Faculty of Integrated Arts and Sciences, Full Professor, April 2000-March 2020 (Retirement)
- Current Editorial Board Menberships: 1 Ecological Economics; 2 Ecosystem Services; 3. Frontiers in Climate and Economics
- Business Economics 1 / 2
- Statistics for IT
Field of Specialization
- Energy Analysis; Bioeconomics of Georgescu-Roegen; Epistemology
- The Origins of Ecological Economics, Routledge
- Sustainable Energy and Economics in an Aging Population: Lessons from Japan, Springer
- The Jevons Paradox and the Myth of Resource Efficiency Improvements, The Earthscan
- The Biofuel Delusion: The Fallacy of Large Scale Agro-Biofuel Production, The Earthscan
- The Metabolic Pattern of Societies: Where Economists Fall Short, Roultedge
- Energy Analysis for a Sustainable Future: Multi-Scale Integrated Analysis of Societal and Ecosystem Metabolism, Routledge
- Mayumi, K. and Giampietro, M. 2014. “Proposing a general energy accounting scheme with indicators for responsible development: Beyond monism”, Ecological Indicators Vol.47, pp.50-66, DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolind.2014.06.033.
- Xiaohui Chen, X., Tiansong Wang, T., Lo Piano, S. and Mayumi, K. 2015. “China’s Metabolic Patterns and Their Potential Problems”, Ecological Modelling Vol.318, pp.75-85
- Lo Piano, S and Mayumi, K. 2017. “Toward an integrated assessment of the performance of photovoltaic power stations for electricity generation”, Applied Energy, Vol. 186, pp. 167-174.
- Giampietro, M. and Mayumi, K. 2018. “Unraveling the Complexity of the Jevons Paradox”, Frontiers in Energy Research Vol.6 (article26).
other about 70 more
- Doctor Honoris Causa, West University of Timisoara, Romania, 2008
- Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen Award for Unconventional Thinking 2013, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)