- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Hokkaido University, Master of Arts, Pennsylvania State University Graduate School, Completion of Doctorial Program, Hokkaido University (Literature)
- Former NHK News Photographer
- Visual Story Telling and Communication
Field of Specialization
- Video Production
- Film Research
- 'Genealogy of American Science Fiction Films: Myths of Exploration of the Universe and the Invasion of Aliens', Rim Publishing Inc., 2005
- 'cultural theory of car chase movies', Rim Publishing Inc., 2006
- 'What is the news footage?', On Book Inc., 2007
- 'Explore the Car Chase Representation - Hollywood's Most Spectacular Film History', Keisuisha, 2018
- Seiko Matsuda in the Silver Screen: Izu no Odoriko, Hawaii, Tokyo Disneyland, and Church Wedding Ceremonies in the 1980s," Keisuisha, 2021
- "The Conquest of Inner Space: 2001: A Space Odyssey and the Counterculture", Film and History 2003 CD-ROM Annual, 2005
- "Representation of time and motion in the 'Don't worry.' (1923) of Chase and Modernity-Lloyd", 'American studies' (American Society of Japan), 43, pp. 213 -228, 2009
- "Mechanics and Motion: A Study on Keeton's Car Gag", 'audiology' (Imaging Society of Japan), 82, pp. 24 -39, 2009
- "Gang and Cowboys: 'Hai Shera' and the End of the 1930s Gang Film Cycle", 'film research' (Motion Picture Association of Japan), 4, pp. 42 -57, 2009
- "A Comparative Analysis of 'raging Lloyd' (1924) and the Chase-Senet Comedy as a Lloyd's Movement", 'audiology', 85, pp. 39 -55, 2010
- "Akagari and John Houston's shift as novelist - Film Noir 'Key Lago' (1948) theory", 'Layer - Image and Representation', 4, pp. 186 -205, 2011
- "The Bad Woman and the Machine: On the Representation of Fam Fatale in Fritz Lang 'Metropolis'", 'Layer - Image and Representation', 6, pp. 55 -71, 2013 (Through JSPS Research Grants 23520143).
- "Representation of Freud's Dream Thought in 'The Woman in the Window'", 'Layer - Image and Representation', 7, pp. 58 -75, 2014 (Through JSPS Research Grants 23520143).
- "Yasuzo Masumura and an Actress as a Miko: Reconstructing the Theme of Junichiro Tanizaki 'tattoo' in the Movie 'Tattoo (tattooing)'", 'Layer - Image and Representation', 10, pp. 170 -182, 2018
- "The birth of a sense of realism - A representation mechanism of car chases in 'Britt'", 'Accumu', 25, pp. 82 -93, 2018
- "Consideration of the relationship between the image of Kyoto in 'Niji Ikitabi' and 'Koto' and the atomic bomb - Perspective of Yasunari Kawabata who avoids the imagination of the atomic bomb in Kyoto", 'comparative cultural research' (Japanese Society for Comparative Cultural Studies), 136, pp. 35 -46, 2019
- "The gateway to success for Seiko MATSUDA: 'Izu no Odoriko' The genealogy of the film adaptation (1933 -1974) and the film 'Nogiku no Haka' (1981)", 'comparative cultural research' (Japanese Society for Comparative Cultural Studies), 137, pp. 103 -113, 2019
- A Comparison of Postwar Hawaiian Cinema and the Image of Japanese American Women in "The Legend of Plumeria" (1983)," Comparative Culture Studies (Japan Society for Comparative Culture), No. 141, pp. 67-77, 2020.
- "Church Weddings and Japanese Cinema in the 1980s: The Caribbean Symphony of Love (1985) as a Representative Example," JunCture Transnational Studies in Japanese Culture (Center for Transnational Culture and Society, Nagoya University), No. 12, pp. 138-147, 2021.
- "Mechanics and Motion: A Study on Keeton's Car Gag" (oral presentation), The 34 th National Congress of the Imaging Society of Japan, Kyoto Seika University, June 2008
- "'fury' as a Documentary Critic: Fritz Lang and the 1930s in America" (oral presentation), The 37 th National Congress of the Imaging Society of Japan, Hokkaido University, May 2011