- Web Business Technology Program
- The purpose of this program is to train highly specialized professionals who have basic thinking abilities from a broad perspective and advanced technical abilities. These abilities are necessary for occupations that require high level of expertise. We develop students, through teaching and research of theories and applied technologies, etc. in related academic fields such as science and engineering and business administration, in response to the development of information and related technologies in society.
In order to realize the mission and purpose of KCGI in the education of students, the educational objectives of the Web Business Technology Program at KCGI are as follows.
Securing Basic Skills
To acquire basic social skills to promote business, including communication skills. To possess the basic technology skills such as software, hardware and network which constitute IT (ICT).
Improvement of planning and design capabilities
To widely investigate and analyze the present state and trends of business and IT (ICT), and to plan a rational approach for the problems which enterprises and society may have. To know the various systems and contents for realizing the proper system design.
Improving development and operational capabilities
To actually utilize planned and designed systems and contents through implementation of software and provision it for users. To deepen their practical knowledge of various tools and rules necessary for the development and operation of ICT.
To foster a sense of professionalism and ethics
To cultivate a high sense of professionalism and ethics to take responsibility for business processes and continuously improve them. To learn practical leadership and organizational management methodologies.
The IT (ICT *) field is a fusion of information systems and management systems, and its subjects are complex and diverse, and the needs of industry for human resources who can play an active role in this field are becoming increasingly diverse. The conventional education system, in which the development of human resources in the IT (ICT) field was entrusted only to the Graduate School of Engineering, which is premised on graduates from the School of Engineering, was unable to respond to the diverse human resource supply needs of the industry. For future industrial and economic development, it is necessary to develop human resources with as diverse backgrounds as possible as highly specialized professionals in the IT (ICT) field.
From this point of view, our policy is to accept students with as diverse backgrounds as possible.
- Persons who have basic academic ability to acquire specialized knowledge at the University are welcome.
- We are seeking people who are free from preconceived ideas and who have the will to learn new things, think for his/herself, and create.
- We are seeking people who are willing to work with others and solve problems through communication.
*Information and Communication Technology
Curriculum Policy (Curriculum Organization and Implementation Policy)
Based on its mission and purpose, KCGI will implement a curriculum to train highly skilled professionals who can play an active role in the web business field with both IT (ICT) and management skills.
Subjects in total are roughly grouped into the following: Specialized fields (Fields of Concentration) in order that students can deepen their knowledge about specific fields of expertise; Industry-related subjects with practical skills base development in mind, including case-based research and practical studies delving into knowledge and expertise of particular industries; Supporting electives to learn about the latest trends in technology as well as people skills and analytical skills.
Compilation and implementation method of study model
Depending on the purpose and orientation of the study, we will focus on acquiring broad and specialized knowledge from basic to applied/practical knowledge in a specific field from within a wide range of IT-related knowledge, while one field will be chosen from within the systemtized group of field-related subjets (Fields of Concentration).Apart from this, the Bespoke curriculum can also be selected as a study model for selecting subjects according to the individual study objectives of various students.In the specialized field and the Bespoke curriculum you can also choose a study model that includes both industry subjects that aim to develop individual knowledge, problem finding, planning, as well as the development of an individual knowldge skills set in design, planning and problem solving related to various ICT applicable industries.
In addition to taking various courses, students pursue Master Projects on various themes under the guidance of their instructors, in order to develop practical application skills.
Responding to Changes
In order to correspond to the rapidly developing IT (ICT) field, the curriculum is always reviewed and updated according to the transformation of competencies required for professional advancement.
A master's degree will be granted by the University to persons who meet all of the following three requirements.
- Completion of the required time period
- Obtaining the designated required credits
- Students should take courses in accordance with the curriculum and acquire basic knowledge, application skills, and a high sense of ethics as highly skilled professionals.