For teachers in charge of the subject "Information" in high schools
TUAT has conducted seminars and other activities to support high school teachers.Based on these achievements, the following program has been adopted by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) as a training program for improving the teaching ability of science and mathematics teachers, continuing on from the previous year.We will hold a seminar to support "Information" classes as follows.We look forward to your participation.We would appreciate it if you could inform interested teachers.
（Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) SPP/Instructor Training Program for Science and Mathematics Teachers
Modeling and Simulation" and "Multimedia Application" Training Session 3
- Date & Time
- Saturday, August 2, 2008
- 14:00-18:00 (Registration starts at 13:00)
- The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics Kyoto Station Satellite (Kyoto Computer Gakuin Kyoto Station School New Building)
- 7 min. walk west from Hachijo Exit of JR "Kyoto" Station.
- Hosted by
- The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics
- High School Information Teachers
- 40 people (first-come-first-served basis of application)
- entrance fee
- Free of charge (transportation expenses are to be borne by the participants)
- Special Offer
- You will be able to take home a CD-ROM of educational materials and a preliminary draft.
- (1) Introduction to the educational object-oriented programming language "Doolittle" - multimedia (music) and simulation
- Lecturer: Mr. Takeshi Tatsumi, Associate Professor, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
- (2) Heavenly motion? Geocentric? Solar System Models and Planetary Simulations
- Lecturer: Professor Kazushi Sakka, Kyoto Institute of Information Science
- (3) Report on a class on building a robot car using Doolittle
- Lecturer: Keiji Emi, Associate Professor, Kyoto Institute of Information Science
- A reception will be held after the event (3,500 yen).
- Kyoto Prefectural Board of Education
- Kyoto City Board of Education
- Shiga Prefectural Board of Education
- Osaka Prefectural Board of Education
- Osaka City Board of Education
- Hyogo Prefectural Board of Education
- Hyogo prefecture (Kinki area) (Hyougo)
- Kobe City Board of Education
- Nara Prefectural Board of Education
- Wakayama Prefectural Board of Education
- TUAT's Program Selected Again This Year for JST's "SPP/Instructor Training Program for Science and Mathematics Teachers
Selection Results for the Second Call for 2008 for the "Science and Mathematics Teachers' Leadership Training Program
- Printable pdf file
- Please click here.