An “Information Class Support Seminar” sponsored by Jikkyo Publishing Co., Ltd. will be held at Kyoto Computer Gakuin Kyoto Station School in cooperation with Kyoto Computer Gakuin (KCG) and The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics (KCGI).
This seminar is intended for high school teachers who are in charge of "Information", and provides them with useful knowledge for their classes, such as examples of class development and problem solving.
I know that you are busy, but I hope that many of you will join us.
Date and time: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 14:00 - 17:20
- 1) "Online Surveys and Problem Solving in the Classroom: Using Computers to Solve Problems"
- Dr. Toshiharu Kano, a teacher at Kanazawa Nissui High School in Ishikawa Prefecture
- In the new Courses of Study, problem solving is emphasized in both "Society and Information" and "Science of Information".Through the practical training of the online questionnaire, you will experience the publication of the results, consolidation of problems, and proposal of solutions.The data will be distributed on CD-ROM so that students can use them in their classes from April.
- 2) "The Fourth Wave: Work Styles Changed by the Development of the Information Age"
- Kyoto Computer Gakuin, The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics Associate Professor
- Today, we live in an advanced information society.However, nowadays, not only knowledge and skills related to IT but also creativity and sensitivity to create something are required, and it is said that "motivation for living" is more important than things.I would like to talk about this "Fourth Wave (High Concept)", including its relation to the subject "Information".
- (3) "Troubles with mobile phones - What is the security awareness of students?~"
- Junichi Ishida, Researcher, Security Center, Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA)
- There are a variety of problems that students face in the network society, such as downloading pirated copies, one-click fraud, and problems related to SNS.We will explain specific cases and countermeasures, and introduce a check sheet to check students' security awareness.
Participation fee Free.Please pay your own transportation expenses.
How to Apply
If you wish to participate, please send your entry sheet to Jikkyo Shuppansha by FAX (toll-free) by Friday, March 1.
After confirming your attendance, Jikkyo Shuppan will contact you with further details.
Please note that applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
5-1-3 Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 532-0003, Japan
Jikkyo Shuppan Osaka Branch
5 Goban-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8377, Japan
Jikkyo Publishing Co.
Contact: Isozaki, Section 3
Send entry sheet to: FAX 0120-070-772 (toll-free)