KCG Group (The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics, Kyoto Computer Gakuin Etc.), with the support and cooperation of many people in the world, established the “Kyoto Manga and Anime Society” with the main purpose of creating an international Japanese manga and anime human resources network. It was.We will hold a forum to commemorate the establishment of the Kyoto International Manga/Anime Fair (KIMAF) 2013, which will open on Saturday, September 7 at the Kyoto Municipal Kangyo Kan (Miyako Messe) (organized by the Kyoto City Executive Committee and Kyoto City and co-organized by Kyoto University of Information Science and Technology, Kyoto Computer Gakuin and others).
Japanese manga and anime, which now attract worldwide attention, are said to have originated in the "caricatures of birds, animals, and humans" that originated in Kyoto during the Heian period (794-1192).The new society will be based in Kyoto, and will serve as a place for comprehensive research and practice on various themes related to manga and anime, including production techniques, human resource education, business strategies, marketing, internationalization, industrial promotion, regional development, history, and criticism, and as a forum for interaction among people in many fields.
All interested parties are welcome to attend.
Kyoto Manga-Anime Society Forum to Commemorate the Establishment of the Society
- Date and time: Saturday, September 7, morning session: 10:15-12:15, afternoon session: 13:00-14:30
- Venue: Kyoto Municipal Industrial Museum (Miyako Messe) Morning session: 1st floor open stage, Afternoon session: B1 floor business meeting zone
■How to apply and participate in the audition
The Kyoto International Manga/Animation Fair is open to all participants in the industry, artists, creators, researchers, teachers, students, high school students, parents, and anyone else involved in, aiming to become involved in, or interested in the industry and culture of manga/anime.
We are looking for participants for both the morning and afternoon sessions.You can participate in all sessions, but please register for each session.Please attend both morning and afternoon sessions, parts (1) and (2) consecutively.
*Admission ticket to KYOMAF is required for the morning session part (1) only.Otherwise admission is free.
Application form http://ws.formzu.net/fgen/S33364154/
■ Program (some contents may be subject to change)(Please understand)
Morning Session Part (1) 10:15-10:45 "Declaration of Establishment of Kyoto Manga-Anime Society / Presentation of Japanese Manga-Anime Human Resources Network and Vision to Expand from Kyoto to the World".
1) Greeting for the Forum Commemorating the Establishment of the Kyoto Manga-Anime Society
- Congratulatory speech: Mayor of Kyoto
- Opening remarks: The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics, Kyoto Computer Gakuin representative
Declaration of Establishment of Kyoto Manga-Anime Society
- Announcement: The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics, Kyoto Computer Gakuin Representative
- Endorsement speech: Mayor of Kyoto
- Congratulatory speech: Mr. Rikio Yoshida, Vice President of the Motion Picture Association of Japan, Executive Officer of TMS Entertainment, Inc.
Morning Session Part (2) 11:00-12:15 Panel Discussion: "Kyoto, responding to the world's demand for Japanese manga/anime human resources network
- Coordinator: Hiromichi Masuda, Chairperson of the Human Resource Development Working Group, Japan Association of Moving Image
- Panelists: Representatives of Kyoto Computer Gakuin and Kyoto Institute of Information Science, Takayuki Matsutani, President of Tezuka Productions, Yohei Sadoshima, President of Cork, and others.
◇ Afternoon Session Part (1) 13:00-13:45 Career guidance for high school students, students and parents/guardians "Career guidance for animation industry aspirants".
- Lecturer: Hiromichi Masuda, Chairperson of Human Resource Development Working Group, Japan Association of Moving Image
◇ Afternoon Session Part (2) 13:45～14:30 Reporting seminar for high school students and parents from animation production sites: "Production sites and human resources for the latest works".
- Presentation: Mr. Takashi Nakamura and Mr. Sukeyasu Ishida, Studio Colorido
- Coordinator: Yuichiro Oguro (Chief Editor, Anime Style)
- Planning cooperation: Shuichi Beiko, Producer, Digital Department, Studio Color