We will hold a memorial service including a memorial concert on Saturday, January 28, from 1:00 p.m. at the main hall of Kyoto Ekimae Satellite, Kyoto Institute of Information Science, to bid farewell to Dr. Toshiharu Hasegawa, the second president of Kyoto Institute of Information Science, and a world authority on operations research, who passed away last November.We would like to remember his warm personality, discuss his memories, and reflect on his footsteps as a researcher and educator.
The memorial concert will be open to the public.Please register in advance if you wish to attend.
In Memory of Dr. Toshiharu Hasegawa
- Date and Time
- Saturday, January 28, 2012
- first part
- memorial concert
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:20 p.m. (registration opens at noon)
- Gleb Nikitin, violin; Akiko Sugitani, piano
- Part 2 *Only for related parties
- memorial lecture
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Dr. Toshiharu Hasegawa will introduce his background and achievements.)
- Yutaka Takahashi (Professor, Kyoto University), Hiroyuki Kono (Professor, Nanzan University), Toshihide Ibaraki (President, Kyoto Institute of Information Science)
- Part 3 *Only for related parties
- Gathering in memory of Dr. Toshiharu Hasegawa (Tea Party)
- 3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics Kyoto Station Satellite Large Hall (7 minutes on foot from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit)
- 10-5, Nishi-Kujo Teranomae-cho, Minami-ku, Kyoto (TEL 075-671-1911)
- Toshihide Ibaraki, Yuji Oke, Goichi Take, Hiroyuki Kono, Hiroshi Kise, Noboru Takahiro Takahara, Atsuo Suzuki, Yutaka Takahashi, Shozo Naito, Jun Nanso, Shojiro Nishio, Yasuko Hasegawa, Wataru Hasegawa, Masao Fukushima, Shigeru Masuyama, Kozo Mayumi, Hideo Miyahara (titles omitted, alphabetical order)
- Please come in plain clothes on the day of the event.
- For inquiries and concert applications
- KThe Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics ・ Kyoto Computer Gakuin
- 1, Jodoji-banba-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8412, Japan
- Phone: 075-762-2030 FAX: 075-761-0251
- Email: (Japanese only)firstname.lastname@example.org