On April 29, the World Health Organization (WHO) raised the alert status of a new influenza pandemic from "Phase 4" to "Phase 5.
The kcg.edu group is committed to collecting information and will take necessary actions based on the decisions of WHO and competent ministries.
At this time (May 1), we would like to alert you to the following, and ask for your cooperation.
If the situation changes in the future, information will be communicated to you via the University's webpage and campus portal, etc., as necessary.
For those suspected of having influenza (fever, etc.)
Please consult the public health center first, not the hospital.
Fever Consultation Center for New Influenza Pandemic (Kyoto Prefecture)
- The following numbers are available 24 hours a day.(including Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays)
- Phone number: 075-414-4726
- Consultation is also available at each health center.The telephone number is the same as that of the following fever counseling centers (weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Fever Consultation Center
- Health centers in Kyoto Prefecture (24-hour service)
- Otokuni Health Center ・・・・075-933-1153
- Yamashiro-kita Public Health Center - 0774-21-2911
- Yamashiro Minami Public Health Center - 0774-72-0981
- Nantan Public Health Center ・・・・0771-62-2979
- Nakatanishi Public Health Center - 0773-22-6381
- Nakatan Higashi Public Health Center: 0773-75-0806
- Tango Public Health Center ・・・・0772-62-4312
- Kyoto City Health and Medical Care Division (9:00-22:00, including Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays)
- Phone number: 075-222-3421
- Kyoto City Public Health Center (weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- North Health Center ・・・・・075-432-1438
- Kamigyo Public Health Center - 075-432-3221
- Sakyo Public Health Center - 075-781-5171
- Chukyo Public Health Center - 075-812-2594
- Higashiyama Public Health Center・・・075-561-9128
- Yamashina Public Health Center - 075-592-3477
- Shimogyo Public Health Center - 075-371-7291
- South Health Center ・・・・・075-681-3573
- Ukyo Public Health Center - 075-861-2177
- Saikyo Public Health Center - 075-392-5690
- Fushimi Public Health Center - 075-611-1161
For those planning to travel abroad during the holidays...
- Please do not travel to Mexico, the United States, Canada, Spain, the United Kingdom, Israel, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Peru and surrounding areas.
- For travel to other regions, please note the following
- Take precautionary measures at the airport and on board the plane, as well as during your stay.
- Please check the situation in your planned travel destination on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Overseas Safety Information.Please continue to check this information during your trip.
- Please be sure to purchase travel insurance before departure.
- Inform your family and others of your travel plans so that they can contact you in case of an emergency.
- Please take good care of yourself before and during your departure.
- If you have returned to Japan from a country where there have been reports of infected or suspected infected patients, and you have symptoms of suspected infection (fever or respiratory symptoms), do not immediately seek medical attention at a medical institution, but consult the nearest public health center.In order to prevent the spread of infection in Japan, consultation at a designated medical institution for infectious diseases will be considered if necessary.
To prevent infection, please do the following
- Washing hands and gargling on a daily basis after returning home or after touching something that is likely to be touched by an unspecified number of people
- Hand washing should be done with soap and water for at least 15 seconds. After washing, thoroughly wipe off water with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Avoid coming within 2 meters of an infected person.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands/fingers when outside.
- Refrain from traveling to endemic areas and from unnecessary trips to crowded places and downtown areas.
- To get enough rest, improve physical strength and resistance, take well-balanced nutrition on a daily basis, lead a regular life, and maintain a state of low susceptibility to infection.
Sites for obtaining related information
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Information on H1N1 Influenza Preparedness
- Quarantine Bureau, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
- Infectious Disease Information Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases
- Kyoto Prefecture Countermeasures against H1N1 Influenza