"Instruction design in e-learning business"
-Learn the latest educational methods and e-learning course production in the United States-
The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics (KCGI) has held seminars to support high schools and university teachers.
This year, in commemoration of the 5th anniversary of KCGI's founding, a lecture by Dr. Maya Bentz (former Coordinator of Distance Education International Project, Columbia University Graduate School of Education, Blackboard Consultant) will be given to the general public as an "open seminar". I will publish it.This is a great opportunity to learn the latest educational methods and e-learning course production in the United States in Japan. Not only teachers of high schools and universities, but also those in charge of corporate education are encouraged to participate.
- Course period
- August 18th (Monday) -October 10th (Friday), 2008
* Intensive lecture (face-to-face class) Period: August 18th (Monday) to 21st (Thursday) 17: 30-20: 40
After that, lessons by e-learning about once a week, assignment correction, commentary, etc.
- Face-to-face class venue
- The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics Kyoto Ekimae Satellite Campus
- Subject Name
- "Instruction design in e-learning business"
- Dr. Maya Bentz
- Associate Professor, Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics.(USA) Completed doctoral course at Columbia University Graduate School of Education, Doctor of Education, Ph.D.Former coordinator of distance learning international projects at Columbia University Graduate School of Education and blackboard consultant.
- Tuition fee
- 60,000 yen
- Educators, or in-house educators, etc.
* For other people, please contact us.
- Prerequisite knowledge / necessary equipment
- Understand basic computer operations.You have a computer and internet connection.(Broadband environment is desirable)
* Classes are conducted in English, but an interpreter will be provided.
- Number of recipients
- 40 people (first-come-first-served basis)
- How to apply
- Please download the application form and fill in the required items.
Please mail or bring it to the Admissions Office by 16:00 on Tuesday, August 12th.Please transfer the tuition fee to the following transfer destination and attach a copy of the transfer statement.
After confirming the application and transfer of the tuition fee, we will send you the tuition guide and the tuition permit by e-mail.
Download application form
Application form submission destination
10-5 Nishikujo Teranomae-cho, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8407
Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics Kyoto Station Satellite Admissions Office
Email: Email: admission@kcg .edu
Tuition fee transfer destination
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Kyoto Branch Ordinary Deposit 1203818
Recipient: Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics
- Course Description
- Learn the theory of instructional design and its practice, and create e-learning courses (courses) for virtual companies.Learn how to use various web and multimedia production tools for production.In addition, we will compare and study various e-learning cases and various e-learning platforms, and learn hints for success.
- Key topics
- Introduction to e-learning business
- History of instructional design
- Instructional design overview
- Teaching science
- e-learning tool
- Tools that provide e-learning
- virtual reality
- Evaluation method of e-learning
- Course authoring tool
- Website authoring tools
- Test assessment tool
- Media editing equipment
- Tool selection and technology
- Comparison of e-learning platforms
- (Course management, assessment, evaluation, communication and collaboration, social bookmarking, content sharing)
- Education method
- Face-to-face class:
- We will explain how to use the tool and exercises, explain various cases, and explain what theory should be applied according to the situation and environment.
- Classes by e-learning:
- It consists of 15 learning modules.Each module has a PowerPoint file, case study, assignment, self-evaluation assignment, and Q & A mail service, and you can use them comprehensively to advance your learning.
- At the end of this course, you will be able to learn about the latest educational methods using ICT in the United States.Understand the theory related to the design of e-learning courses.You can learn how to use and apply various course management systems and authoring tools.At the end of the course, an actual e-learning course is produced and completed.