On July 27th (Sunday), ARK Education will hold an “English e-learning workshop: complementary use of e-learning to support learning motivation” for school teachers.
- Day time
- July 27, 2008 (Sun)
- 12: 30- Reception starts 13: 00- Start
- Kyoto Information Graduate University
- Kyoto Computer Gakuin
- Meeting place
- Kyoto University of Information Graduates
- 7 Tanakamon-maemachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8225 (8-minute walk from Keihandemachiyanagi Station)
- Entry fee
- Free (social gathering fee 5,000 yen)
- Application deadline
- July 18 (Friday)
- (1) “Attempts to promote learning English by combining ALC NetAcademy1 and WebCT”
- Lecturer: Kyoto University of Information Studies, Kyoto Computer Gakuen Maria Makaventa Ikeda
- When teaching science and engineering students who do not specialize in English, the course management support system WebCT, the NetAcademy Standard Course, and other Web resources are combined into lessons, and how teachers are involved in the system leads to student motivation maintenance. We announce about evaluation method and method of credit recognition.
- (2) “Attempts to promote learning English by combining ALC NetAcademy2 and Moodle”
- Lecturer: Doshisha University Center for Language and Culture Education Haruo Nishino
- The role played by ALC NetAcademy 2 and Loodle (Learning Management System) Moodle in the common education will be considered from the learning time of the learner and the growth of English.You will be presented with the results of the introduction of the two systems, the specific content of the trials to promote learning, and the creation of a system that combines the systems, along with the results of a questionnaire on campus.
- (3) “Stress-free supplementary techniques: Utilization of mobile academy by purpose”
- Lecturer: Professor Miyanobu University of Education Akinobu Ando
- In recent years, the way of learning English at school education has been developed in various ways, such as computer learning and mobile learning, in accordance with the evolution of IT technology.In this presentation, we will present the results of actual use in the educational field through examples of information education about the effectiveness of mobile phone learning, which many students use most as a communication tool.
About social gathering
17: 00- We are planning to be near the workshop venue.
Based on the presentations at the workshops, participants exchanged their opinions deeply with the presenting teachers, participating teachers, and others, including examples of how to incorporate them into the curriculum and the status of student efforts. It is well received as a place where you can enjoy.We look forward to your participation.