The Japan Chapter of the Association for Information Systems (NAIS) will hold a lecture on Friday, August 1.
We are looking for a wide range of participants, so please come and join us.
NAIS Special Lecture
- ＜Date Time
- Friday, August 1, 2008
- Reception from 15:45
Scheduled to end at 17:50
- The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics, Kyoto Station Satellite Hall
- 7 min. walk west from Hachijo Exit of JR "Kyoto" Station.
- Professor, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
- Assistant Director for Information Security, Cabinet Secretariat
- Mr. Ei Yamaguchi
- "Direction of Upgrading Information Security in Accordance with the Social Infrastructure of Information Systems."
- There is an implicit assumption of perimeter defense in conventional information security, and many techniques have been created and utilized.
However, with the recent shift of information systems to social infrastructures, the interconnection of business systems, and the opening of various information processing, this concept of boundary protection has collapsed, and a new model needs to be constructed.
Furthermore, as social activities become increasingly dependent on information systems, there is a great need to improve the robustness and availability of information systems themselves.
These situations will be reviewed and the direction of technological development needed in the future will be discussed.
- ＜Inquiries and applications
- There is no charge for participation.If you wish to attend, please register by Wednesday, July 30.
- NAIS Secretariat (The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics)
- Attn: MATSUMURA
- E-mail: (Japanese only)email@example.com
- Please write "I wish to attend the NAIS Lecture" in the subject line and provide your name, contact information, and the number of people in your party.
- URL: http: //nais.kcg.jp/