The 5th Joint Research Meeting of the Gaming Society of Japan
- Date & Time
- Sunday, July 22, 2007
- 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics, Hyakumanben campus
- 7 Tanakamonzen-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8225 (8 minutes walk from Demachiyanagi Station, Keihan)
- There will be presentations on games in general, as well as on research by research subcommittees, current status reports, future prospects, research plans, and so on.Presentations will also be made by the KCG Group.
- entrance fee
- No charge *No application required
- Hosted by
- Game Amusement Society
- Computer games are said to have become a new culture, but because they belong to a subculture, I think they have not been taken up academically.This society was established in 2002, finding great significance in the multifaceted and interdisciplinary approach to the relationship between culture, history, philosophy, and art and games.
Kyoto Computer Gakuin, a group school of the The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics, established the Game Development Department (full-time 2 years) in 1998, then in 2001 the Media Information Department Game Development Course (full-time 3 years), 2003 In 2008, we established a computer amusement course (4 days full-time) in the Department of Information Science, and sent many graduates to the game industry.We are very pleased that the joint meeting of the gaming societies will be held at our university.
Koji Emi, Associate Professor, The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics