This year is the World Year of Astronomy, the year of the total solar eclipse, and many astronomy-related events are being planned around the world.
As a part of this global excitement, the "World Year of Astronomy Nationwide Simultaneous Tanabata Lectures" will be held around July 7 at about 100 universities, science museums, and other venues throughout Japan.
The official website for the World Year of Astronomy National Simultaneous Tanabata Lecture
Organized by the Astronomical Society of Japan and co-sponsored by the Society for the Promotion of Astronomical Education.The committee consists of eight members, including Dr. Kazunari Shibata, Director of the Hanayama Observatory of Kyoto University, and Prof. Kazushi Sakka of the Kyoto Institute of Information Science as one of the executive committee members.Dr. Shibata is scheduled to give a talk at the KCG Astronomy Workshop on Sunday, October 4.
Kyoto Computer Gakuin, a private school founded by a group of astronomers, will support this project and hold the "World Year of Astronomy Nationwide Simultaneous Tanabata Lecture" on Tuesday, July 7, at Kyoto Computer Gakuin Kyoto Ekimae Campus.
The general public is welcome to attend.Please feel free to join us.
- ＜Date Time
- Tuesday, July 7, 2009, 17:30-18:30
- Kyoto Computer Gakuin Kyoto Ekimae School New Building
- How to Use Free Astronomy Software
- Students will enjoy planetarium software, planetary motion simulation, eclipse drawing software, etc., and view the distant universe through a personal computer.
- Kazushi Sakka, Professor, Kyoto Institute of Information Science
- Junior high school students and above
- 500 yen (materials, etc. will be provided)Please pay at the reception desk on the day of the event.)
- * Free for those who attended the The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics Admissions Briefing, Kyoto Computer Gakuin Open Campus, Career Consultation, and Guidance.
- * The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics and Kyoto Computer Gakuin students are free of charge.Please present your student ID card.