The Japan Internet Provider Association, co-sponsored by Kyoto University of Information Studies and Kyoto Computer Gakuin. “Illegal and Harmful Information Seminar on the Internet Past-Future-Focusing on Child Pornography Measures" Will be held on February 28 (Thursday) and March 1 (Friday) at Kyoto Computer Gakuin Kyoto Station Front School (10-5 Nishikujo-no-Maemachi, Minami-ku, Kyoto, 7 minutes on foot from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit).
The general public can also participate for free.We look forward to your participation.
The date and main lecture contents are as follows.
- February 28 (Thursday)
- 12: 30- Acceptance starts
- 13:00-Greetings-Background and purpose of this seminar
- 13:20-"Shared use of DNSSEC and blocking server" Koji Yamamoto Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
- 14:30-"Technical issues and operations" Mr. Kazuhiro Kitamura, NTT Communications Corporation
- 15: 20 ~ Break
- 15:35-"Mobile Phone Filtering and Youth Internet Environment Improvement Law" Japan Cable TV Federation Deputy Director Shingo Okamura
- 16:35-"Establishment of third-party organization and certification system" Mr. Ryohei Yoshioka, Mobile Content Review and Operation Monitoring Organization (EMA)
- 18:00-Opinion exchange meeting (Membership 4,000 yen)
- March 1 (Friday)
- 9: 30- Acceptance starts
- 10:00-"Child pornography crime forefront, case study and explanation" Okumura & Tanaka Law Office Lawyer Toru Okumura
- 11:00-“Secret of blocking and communication” Takashi Nagase, Lawyer, Yamazaki Law Office
- 12:00-lunch break
- 13:00-“Administration in Japan and overseas” Mr. Noriyuki Mori, Assistant Manager, Consumer Administration Division, Telecommunications Infrastructure Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
- 14:00-"Current Status of Blocking Measures" Mr. Shu Yoshida, Executive Director, Internet Content Safety Association
- 15:15-"Blocking from the viewpoint of freedom of expression" Masahiro Sogabe, Associate Professor, Kyoto University
- 16:25-Panel discussion
- 18:30-Opinion Exchange Meeting PART II (Membership 4,000 yen)
* Time schedule and lecturer are subject to change.
Click here for details and application.
Seminar on measures against illegal and harmful information on the Internet Past-Future-Focusing on child pornography measures