A seminar on measures against illegal and harmful information on the Internet from the past to the future, focusing on measures against child pornography, will be held by the Japan Internet Providers Association (JIPA) on February 28 (Thu) and March 1 (Fri) at the Kyoto Computer Gakuin Kyoto Station School (10-5 Nishi Kujo Teranomae-cho, Minami-ku, Kyoto City, a seven-minute walk from the Hachijo Exit of Kyoto Station) under the joint sponsorship of The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics and the Kyoto Computer Gakuin.
The public is welcome to attend free of charge.We look forward to seeing many of you there.
The dates, times, and main topics of the lectures are as follows
- Thursday, February 28
- 12:30～ Registration starts
- 13:00 - Greetings, background and purpose of this seminar
- 13:20 - "Joint Use of DNSSEC and Blocking Servers" Mr. Koji Yamamoto, Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
- 14:30 - "Technical Issues and Operations" Kazuhiro Kitamura, NTT Communications Corporation
- 15:20 - Break
- 15:35 - "Mobile Phone Filtering and the Internet Environment Improvement Act for Youth," Mr. Shingo Okamura, Councilor, Japan Cable and Telecommunications Association
- 16:35 - "Establishment of Third-Party Organizations and Accreditation System" Ryohei Yoshioka, Mobile Content Evaluation and Management Organization (EMA)
- 18:00- Opinion exchange (4,000 yen membership fee)
- Friday, March 1
- 9:30～ Registration
- 10:00 - "Frontline of Child Pornography Crimes, Cases and Explanations," Mr. Toru Okumura, Attorney at Law, Okumura & Tanaka Law Office
- 11:00 - "Blocking and Secrecy of Communications," Mr. Takashi Nagase, Attorney at Law, Yamazaki Law Office
- 12:00 - Lunch break
- 13:00- "Responses by Administrative Agencies at Home and Abroad" by Noriyuki Morisato, Assistant Director, Consumer Affairs Division, Telecommunications Infrastructure Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
- 14:00 - "Current Status of Blocking Measures" Mr. Tadashi Yoshida, Secretary General, Internet Content Safety Association
- 15:00 - Break
- 15:15 - "Blocking from the perspective of freedom of expression," Dr. Masahiro Sogabe, Associate Professor, Kyoto University
- 16:25 - Panel discussion
- 18:30 - Opinion exchange PART II (4,000 yen membership fee)
Time schedule and lecturers are subject to change.
For details and registration, please click here.
Seminar on Countermeasures against Illegal and Harmful Information on the Internet: Past - Future - Focusing on Countermeasures against Child Pornography